Translate

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 12

Day 12 - MY FIRST "SWEET & SOUR PORK"
It's always good to set goals for yourself even if short term or long term. This I believe is one of the secrets of successful people. This partners with how much you are willing to take a risk, and how much passionate you are about learning. You see, there are countless results that you may not like if you both say no to opportunities and learning. But there's one word to best represent them all - STAGNATION. Who wants to become stagnant? Who wants to develop Alzheimer's? Who wants to remain unproductive? I'm sure no one would want to become any of these.

I have watched "Julie and Julia" just recently and I was blown away with the fact that I haven't come across what this film was about until I viewed it. I'm pretty sure blogging had become old school (there's vlogging, mashing-up and other stuff concerning expression of self and wanting to be heard) considering this movie was all about blogging her own experiences (and it's an old one already). But it is pretty much talking about SETTING GOALS AND ACHIEVING THEM.

And yet again, challenging myself to be innovative and more efficient, I was driven into cooking Sweet and Sour Pork (the Chinese way) from scratch. I was pretty tempted to just do the first 2 steps in the recipe I looked at and just buy the instant mix but what the heck! I have a lot of time in my hands, I can buy the ingredients and it's pretty easy.

Like any cook, you'll have your own preferences when it comes to the amount of ingredients as per instruction but I am pregnant and I was watchful of just about everything (sugar, preservatives, salt) so, I had somehow altered the measurements into acceptable amounts and viola! My husband gave me a thumb up (not thumb"s" since he had an issue with the lean meat I chose because they were tender after frying) considering all elements for it to be called "SWEET & SOUR PORK" were present and were very good for a first timer.

Happiness I guess accounts to a web of factors since man is a complex being. It makes me realize that man can't be happy alone just because.... but it should satisfy every thing about humans. To specify one, amongst the hierarchy of needs, I have satisfied the highest level of need: SELF-ACHIEVEMENT.



Related posts:

1. GOOD TO KNOW - some facts about food that you might find interesting to stash

2. SIZZLER - looking for an American restaurant in Thailand? You might find this helpful.

3. HAPPINESS PROJECT - thinking of reading this book? Here's a blog post for a book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment