Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 2



The Philippines, being influenced by the Spaniards, just celebrates "anything". We have feasts of every patron saint, we have the longest holidays I believe and being celebratory is just a Filipino way of life.

For my Day 2, I have posted a photo of my nephew JESSE, (whom I personally call Baby J for having the same birthday with MICHAEL JORDAN). Today marks his first month on Planet Earth. Many cultures have many beliefs. In considering the Filipino culture, whenever a new addition to the family comes, we celebrate each month (with the original date at hand) from the moment the baby was born 'til the baby reaches his/her first year. It doesn't have to be extravagant or anything. Just a simple cake or one special viand for one meal is alright just to give importance to the day.

Staring at him nowadays is becoming my favourite "HAPPY" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment