Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 13

Day 13 - TIME IS PRECIOUS.
Time is a very important element of life that when you share your time with somebody else, it means, you are sharing something that you'll never have back nor can never own once again away. When somebody gives it to you, you definitely mean to that somebody. And today, I am happy for the time I have spent with family. From working 6 days straight (4 days until 12 midnight because of special events), I've longed for some time alone with my husband. So when finally, he and I were both off, he prepared Arroz Caldo for me and my baby. It was a very rainy day and Rugby 7's was on and it was just a very good day to stay at home, vegging out on the bed watching the tube. It rarely happens to us now being married, expecting and working all at the same time. I know it's very simple but, I realize that when things that you want come in diminishing returns, you tend to wish it could last longer or you wish it would happen more often. But that's the idea in itself, you only get to appreciate things when it rarely comes or happens. So while it lasts, embrace it and own it.
This day is also special to us since it marks our baby's 5th month and we are offically down to our last four. This makes me excited about the baby showers, reading further on how to prepare for the coming delivery and the fact that it's halfway past the second trimester, somewhat makes me feel relieved too. Maybe as a budding parent, protective instincts are coming to a blast. Praying for this smooth 4 months still.
To celebrate a little, we chose to have a dinner in Pizza Hut:
Blessings did come in abundance as we were joined
by my brother-in-law over dinner.

Now that I've reached the 5th month, my tummy is starting to be in the way of things. Almost all activities that invloves bending forward is starting to become difficult. To name one is when I wanted to polish my own toe nails.

Before i go further, I just want to emphasize that having your nails polished here in Hong Kong is such a luxurious activity compared when I was back in the Philippines. In my own home land, it is as a form of reward. I treat myself to this kind of pampering at least every 2 weeks or whenever I can. But here, I choose to be practical but that's alright as it enhanced my skill in doing it on my own.

Yet again, it was such a good day that I get to get away from the practical Kyte. I got my nails done by a very accomodating gal at HK$180 over at MS Art at 2/F, Kingswood Ginza Mall, 18 Tin Yan Road, Tin Shui Wai. (This is actually just beside the bakery beside Park N' Shop). She boosted my self-confidence by praising my bump and helped me in choosing a fierce shade.

It was an official no cooking and no washing day for me.
Hehehe!

And to call it a night, we ended up watching
"300: Rise of an Empire" at the convenience of our warm bed at home.

With so much stuff like these,
it's hard to find time to detach and write about it.
I held on with the moment.
That's why this is a late post.

 

Related posts:

1. HAPPINESS PROJECT - the impact of Gretchen Rubin's masterpiece to me

2. 100 HAPPY DAYS - why I joined

3. RUSSEL PETERS - have a laid back day today and just have a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment